- Hempstead Town Supervisor Kate Murray, Councilman Gary Hudes and Sen. Charles Fuschillo, R-Merrick, announced that funding has been secured to add seven new speed awareness signs at seven local schools, including three in Wantagh-Seaford. Click here for more.
- Berner and our Builders' Club will once again be partnering with Massapequa Kiwanis to erect a Field of Honor in support of our veterans. Please see the attached flyer to learn how to sponsor an American flag. Click here for more.
- Project Hope will be offering free educational workshops for individuals who were impacted by hurricane Sandy on Thursday at 7 p.m. at the Massapequa Library. The workshops will focus on the strength and resilience who those who weathered the storm. These workshops will provide tips on coping with normal feelings and reactions. Click here for more.
- Armand Di Pardo, 55, is deeply missed by his family, friends and co-workers since he died on Sept. 13 from pancreatic cancer. Now they are going to band together to walk in his name. Click here for more.
- Halloween is around the corner. Join the Gotham Paranormal Research Society for this multi media journey into the past and back to the present. You learn about the methods and instruments modern "ghost hunters" employ as well as current evidence of paranormal activity. The program is Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at the Wantagh Library. Click here for more.