Her'e a look at Wantagh-Seaford Patch's top stories of 2013:
- The annual air show at Jones beach, was hampered by rain, but Memorial Day weekend marked the return of the Sandy-damaged boardwalk.
- Tragedy struck the Seaford School District after a high school student died in February during a class trip to Southern California. The family of the sophomore later announced a lawsuit.
- An employee of a Seaford jewelry store was stabbed during a robbery in March.
- The debate over the common Core standards and high stakes testing ran throughout 2013 and will continue into the new year. The Wantagh School District passed a resolution in December asking the state to reconsider their reliance on testing.
- Just a months after graduating for the Wantagh School District, Peter Mountanos was elected to the school board.
- Seaford Manor School got a new playground after winning a contest.
- A Wantagh man who was charged in a DWI crash on the Southern State Parkway was convicted of manslaughter in the vehicle-related death of a Wantagh High School student 30-years earlier.
- Former Seaford High School starSean Nolin took the mound for the Toronto Blue Jays of Major League Baseball.
- Teen volunteer Angelica Balitsos was crowned Miss Wantagh.