Dr. Keri Oppenheimer opened the Ascent Hearing Center at 1181 Wantagh Ave. two years ago, and she’s been serving Wantagh and the nearby communities ever since.
While going to school at Northeastern University, the Seaford native majored in Speech Pathology and Audiology, but the speech classes never really grabbed her. In graduate school, she chose Audiology.
“Audiology is much more than hearing aids,” Oppenheimer said. “There are many more aspects to it.”
Here are some things to know about Oppenheimer and the Ascent Hearing Center.
- Now Dispensing Hearing Aid for Tinnitus: New state-of-the-art sound therapy hearing aid for a condition that can result from a wide range of underlying causes: neurological damage, foreign objects in the ear, nasal allergies that prevent (or induce) fluid drain, wax build-up, and exposure to loud sounds.
- Warm and Inviting Atmosphere: It’s not get your hearing aid, go and have a nice day, Oppenheimer said. There’s a lot of follow-up therapy. She always interacting with patients. They use an American-owned private company for hearing aid development.
- Knowing Her Craft: She was an audiologist for 15 years before opening her own practice in Wantagh two years ago. She sees pediatrics all the way through geriatrics. “Everyone’s needs are different," she said. "It’s very individual. If your husband snores, there’s a hearing aid that can help with that."
- Why Wantagh?: She wanted an office that was easily accessible, and completely handicap accessible. She also grew up in Seaford and lives in Bellmore, which puts Wantagh is right in the middle. “This is home," she said. "I wanted to stay home.”
- She’s Hear for You: "Very often, family members are good judges of issues," Oppenheimer said. "Then your come in and undergo a full auditory exam. I really fit according to an individual’s lifestyle." There’s a lot of information she gives. “The ultimate goal is to improve your quality of life and your ability to communicate,” she added.
For more information on Dr. Oppenheimer and the Ascent Hearing Center, click here.
Want to have your business featured on Wantagh Seaford Patch? Email Michael Ganci at Michael.Ganci@patch.com.