Here are some of the most interesting blogs from the past week:
- Merrick Chamber's Fall Festival is Coming: Merrick Chamber of Commerce will host their annual fall festival September 27 to September 29 located at the LIRR parking lot on the north side of Sunrise Highway.
- Ladies, Listen to Your Gut: That rumbling sound your stomach makes has a name: borborygmus. But hunger isn’t the only reason to listen to what your gut is telling you.
- Life Begins at the End of Your Comfort Zone: This past weekend, I attended back-to-back surprise birthday parties on Saturday and Sunday. One was for my friend Nick. The other was for my Aunt Bonnie.
- Why Isn't History Better Appreciated?: History is one of the most important academic subjects because, in describing their origins, it sheds light on the nature of all the other subjects. My admiration for Medieval art comes, in part, from my interest in the Middle Ages.
- Massapequa Girls Varsity Volleyball: Annually, the girls honor the teachers in the district with a celebratory volleyball match. Each player pays tribute to a teacher recognizing the hard work and effort that is put into their profession every day.