With vacations, lunches out, and searching for activities to keep the
kids busy, summer can be a busy and pricey time. Throw in back to
school shopping in August and it can get to be a bit overwhelming.
Luckily, the Town of Hempstead is offering some great affordable (free!)
entertainment opportunities to help finish off your summer. Local parks
bringing the kids for some live entertainment or taking the opportunity
for a grown-up night out, these events are a great chance to enjoy a
warm summer evening in one of Nassau County's lovely locales.
- Tuesday, August 14, 8 p.m. at East Village Green, Levittown - Wonderous Stories performing music from The Beatles and The Who.
- Wednesday, August 15, 8 p.m. at Rath Park, Franklin Square - Steven Maglio performing the music of Frank Sinatra.
- Thursday, August 16, 8 p.m. at Shell Creek Park, Barnum Island - FM- A Steely Dan Tribute, performing the music of Steely Dan.
- Friday, August 17, 8 p.m. at Roosevelt Pool, Roosevelt - Music and dancing with the Chauncey Nedd Band & the Nedd Man.
- Tuesday, August 21, 8 p.m. at Hewlett Point Park, Bay Park - Desert Highway performing the music of The Eagles.
- Wednesday, August 22, 8 p.m. at Averill Boulevard Park, Elmont - Long Island's own Good Rats performing feel good rock 'n' roll.
- Thursday, August 23, 8 p.m. at Merrick Road Park, Merrick - Rag Doll performing a Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons tribute.
- Friday, August 24, 8 p.m. at Newbridge Road Park, Bellmore - Screening of “Kung Fu Panda 2” on a large, outdoor screen.
Visit www.handmadelongisland.com/longislandlocal for more information on everything Long Island!