Located on Waverly Avenue, the is the community's treasured time capsule. It is the home of Seaford memorabilia from its early days as a farming community and a true celebration of the antiquity of the area.
Back in 1893, Seaford had about 500 residents. At this time there were already two schoolhouses for the children in the union free district. The need for more space pushed the community to vote for a budget of $3500 to build a new school, which was originally constructed at the corner of Jackson and Waverly Avenue.
In 1917, due to the increase of students, the school board decided the district needed a bigger schoolhouse. The present one was moved a block away and renamed the headquarters in 1921 and the new Jackson Avenue school opened. On July 4, 1976 it was chosen to be the Seaford Historical Museum in honor of the nations bicentennial.
Today the schoolhouse serves the community as a center of knowledge where one can learn about the history of Seaford. It is is a great place to attain information about the town and the schoolhouse itself. The continues to take donations for the restoration of the building as well as encouraging residents to become members.
Support Seaford history and help the museum last for years to come. Not only is it a reflection of the future but a treasure chest of historical gifts. The building is a beautiful example of 19th century design and continues to carry the memories of lessons learned and future dreams.