- Ronald Perry of North Merrick was arrested Aug. 17 for shoplifting $412 worth of items from Stop & Shop in North Bellmore.
- The glass door of a business on Bellmore Avenue was shattered on Aug. 17.
- On Aug.19, a car window was broken on Grand Avenue.
- A car that was parked on Pettit Avenue, near the Long Island Railroad Station, was damaged and items were removed from it on Aug. 19.
- A vehicle was removed from Coolidge Drive on Aug. 16.
- Complainant discovered assorted jewelry missing from her residence on Hewlett Avenue after she moved. Police estimate this to have happened between May 1 and Aug. 13.
- Complainant discovered two boat engine parts missing from his boat that was parked in a lot on Merrick Road on Aug. 9.
- Sometime between Aug. 13 and Aug. 16, an unknown suspect(s) stole a kayak from a floating deck located behind the complainant’s home on Clubhouse Road.
- On Aug. 16, a vehicle was damaged and items were removed while parked in the Merrick railroad station lot.
- On Aug. 16, a vehicle window was broken in the Merrick railroad lot.
- Joseph Saladino, age 18, of Merrick, was arrested at JC Penny, 600 Sunrise Mall, Massapequa and charged with petit larceny on Aug. 17.
- There was a dog attack in North Merrick on Aug. 18 and two women were sent to the hospital. For the full story, click here.
- Gary Mahan, 57, of Hempstead, was arrested on Merrick Road near the Meadowbrook Parkway, Merrick and charged with driving while intoxicated on Aug. 21.
- On August 22, Thomas Knight, 61, was arrested on Babylon Turnpike, Merrick and charged with criminal trespassing in the second degree.
- Around 8 p.m. on Aug. 22, an unknown suspect(s) stole jewelry and an iPod by breaking the window of a 2002 gray BMW parked in the Xaga parking lot.
- Sometime between Aug. 22 and Aug. 23, a wallet containing personal papers, USC and credit cards was stolen from an unlocked 2010 gray Ford on Arbor Lane.
- Around 7:50 p.m., two Gatorades and one iced tea were stolen from a van on Byron Road. After a woman called the police to report the incident, the suspects were stopped on Elliot Street. According to police, officers were canvassing for a larceny in progress and three subjects were stopped after a foot pursuit. Officer saw the arrestees on video surveillance removing property from said location.
- On Aug. 23, an unknown male suspect entered the 7-11 on Sunrise Highway and asked to use the bathroom. Complainant stated the bathroom was for employees only and he could not use it. Suspect threatened to urinate in the store and complainant told him to leave. Suspect went outside and urinated on empty food trays and re-entered the store exposing himself. Suspect then threatened to urinate on the complainant and climbed onto the counter and raised one of his crutches over his head in an attempt to hit the complainant. Suspect fled the scene.
- Tim White Contractors on 3596 Merrick Rd., Seaford reported on Aug. 15. discovering a half inch hole in the window of the business’s showroom. The damage was caused by unknown suspects.
- On Aug. 17, Michael McDermott, 23 of Seaford was arrested on Jackson Avenue near Laureen Street in Seaford and charged with driving while ability impaired, driving while alcohol impaired, and three vehicle and traffic law violations.
- PVD fences on Tiana Street a in Seaford and Verleye Street in Seaford were reported damaged on Aug. 21.
- A man on Maple Street in Seaford reported on Aug. 21 hearing a loud bang and then discovering the side view mirror of his vehicle damaged.
- Two bicycles were reported stolen from a detached garage of a house on Wantagh Avenue on Aug. 14.
- An iPod was stolen from a 1992 black BMW that was left unlocked in the parking lot of on Aug. 20.
- A woman reported to police that her pocketbook was stolen while she was shopping at on 1340 Wantagh Ave., Wantagh on Aug. 21. The suspect, Andrew Lignowski, 29, of Uniondale was arrested a short time later on Edgerton Avenue in Wantagh and charged with fourth-degree grand larceny and fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property.