- A Bellmore man was arrested after fleeing the scene of a hit-and-run accident on the Southern State Parkway and then attempting to flee New York State Police last Monday night. Click here for the full story.
- A vehicle that was parked at Grand Avenue middle school was reported scratched on June 9.
- A vehicle window was broken between June 9 at 10 p.m. and June 10 at 9 a.m. The vehicle was located in Bellmore Avenue.
- Headphones, wallet and GPS were stolen from complainant’s unlocked 2011 silver jeep that was parked on April Lane. Police estimate the goods being stolen between June 10 and June 11.
- Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice announced that a Nassau County Police officer has been arrested after he allegedly used his authority to coerce a woman into touching him inappropriately during a traffic stop in East Meadow. Read the full story here.
- An East Meadow woman was arrested Saturday for stalking and harassment after her son failed to make an East Meadow Little League travel team, according to third precinct officials. Click here for the story.
- Sometime between June 3 and June 9, a watch was stolen from a bedroom closet on Lake End Road in Merrick.
- On June 7, the window of a bus that was parked on Chapin Avenue in North Merrick was broken.
- The top of a Jeep that was parked on Lindgren Street in Merrick was reported cut. Items were removed from the vehicle. This was estimated to have happened between 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Items were reported missing from a motorcycle that was parked at the Merrick LIRR station. The items were estimated to have been taken between 7:40 a.m. and 7:40 p.m. on June 8.
- On June 9, John Bossie, 47, of Freeport, was arrested on Merrick Road near Central Parkway, Merrick and charged with driving while intoxicated and two violations of the vehicle and traffic law.
- Sometime between June 9 and June 10, an unknown suspect cut a hole in an inflatable pool on Montauk Avenue in Merrick.
- Sometime between 11:15 p.m. on June 10 and 1:30 a.m. on June 11, property was stolen from a vehicle on West Liones Street in Merrick.
- On June 10 at 2:30 a.m., Brian Winterfeldt, 20, of Merrick, and Christine Maher, 20, of Merrick, were both arrested during a large disturbance on the LIRR platform near Front Street in Rockville Centre. During the incident, Winterfeldt struck a police officer in the face. Winterfeldt was charged with second-degree attempted assault, second-degree obstructing governmental administration (interfered with MTA police officers), resisting arrest and disorderly conduct. Christine Maher was charged with second-degree obstructing governmental administration for interfering with officers who were arresting Brian Winterfeldt.
- Four Suffolk teens were arrested on larceny charges after they allegedly stole items from two vehicles in Merrick. According to detectives, on June 11, both First and Seventh Precinct officers responded to calls where auto larcenies had occurred on Clinton Avenue and Lincoln Boulevard, respectively. In both incidents, witnesses reported seeing four males in a maroon, four-door vehicle breaking into cars. An officer stopped the vehicle at the corner of Hewlett Avenue and Lawry Lane after observing a blacked out tail light. Upon further inspection of the car, the officer noticed several backpacks, tools and assorted electronic devices. When police took the subjects into custody, the stolen goods were recovered. Edward Javurek, 19, of Bohemia, Nicholas Montalbano, 18, of East Islip, Richard Robertson, 18, of Sayville and Brian Carey, 19, Bayport were arrested and charged.
- On June 11, a complainant discovered his toolbox containing miscellaneous tools missing from his 2001 white Chevy on Bayview Avenue in Merrick.
- A GPS unit was recovered on June 11. Complainant checked his unlocked 2006 blue Subaru that was parked on Bayview Avenue in Merrick and discovered property was missing. Complainant was able to identify the GPS.
- Graffiti was found on the truck of a vehicle that was parked on Clifton Place on June 11.
- An unknown suspect was seen striking the passenger side window of a gray Infinity on Lincoln Boulevard in Merrick on June 11.
- On June 12, Matthew Madacsi, 22, of Rockville Centre, was arrested on Merrick Road near Henry Street, Merrick and was charged with driving while intoxicated.
- Dairy Barn on Jerusalem Avenue was broken into sometime between June 6 and June 7. The point of entry was unknown and there was no loss reported.
- A complaintant noticed that their wallet was stolen at the Pathmark on Merrick Road on June 8.
- On June 9, a wallet was reported stolen out of a car at the Shell station on Merrick Road.
- Sometime between June 7 and June 8, unknown suspect(s) stole a bicycle from a driveway on Walters Avenue.
- The outside window of an office on Park Avenue was broken causing damage to complainant’s computer. The damaged was estimated to have been caused between June 10 and June 11.
- A wallet and its contents were stolen from complainant’s pocketbook while at Mulcahy's on June 11.
- On June 13, the front window of Mary's Pizza was broken by unknown suspect(s).
If you have questions about this crime report, e-mail Emily.Cappiello@patch.com