The following information is taken directly from the Nassau County Police Department's Seventh Precinct and Second Precinct incident reports. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate a conviction.
- A home on Beech Street in Wantagh was burglarized on Dec. 19 with jewelry stolen. Police said the point of entry was through a rear window.
- Three rifles and a shotgun were stolen during a burglary of a house on Willowood Drive in Wantagh on Dec. 22.
- On Dec. 21, John Black, 27, of Seaford was arrested during a traffic investigation in Wantagh and charged with second-degree harassment, second and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and five vehicle and traffic law violations.
- On Dec. 22, Maria Perez, 28, of Lindenhurst was arrested at the intersection of Sunrise Highway and Wantagh Avenue and charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated, driving while intoxicated and six vehicle and traffic law violations.
- Police responded to the intersection of Sunrise Highway and Wantagh Avenue on Dec. 23 at 4 a.m. after nine people were involved in a physical altercation at the site. No arrests were reported.