The following information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department's Seventh Precinct. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
- Two bicycles were reported stolen from a detached garage of a house on Wantagh Avenue on Aug. 14.
- Tim White Contractors on 3596 Merrick Rd., Seaford reported on Aug. 15. discovering a half inch hole in the window of the business’s showroom. The damage was caused by unknown suspects.
- On Aug. 17, Michael McDermott, 23 of Seaford was arrested on Jackson Avenue near Laureen Street in Seaford and charged with driving while ability impaired, driving while alcohol impaired, and three vehicle and traffic law violations.
- An iPod was stolen from a 1992 black BMW that was left unlocked in the parking lot of on Aug. 20.
- PVD fences on Tiana Street a in Seaford and Verleye Street in Seaford were reported damaged on Aug. 21.
- A man on Maple Street in Seaford reported on Aug. 21 hearing a loud bang and then discovering the side view mirror of his vehicle damaged.
- A woman reported to police that her pocketbook was stolen while she was shopping at on 1340 Wantagh Ave., Wantagh on Aug. 21. The suspect, Andrew M Lignowski, 29, of Uniondale was arrested a short time later on Edgerton Avenue in Wantagh and charged with fourth-degree grand larceny and fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property.