The following information is taken directly from the Nassau County Police Department's incident reports. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime.
- On March 1, at 1:50 a.m., a rock was thrown through the window of Comic Book Depot, located at 2847 Jerusalem Ave., although nobody entered the building, and nothing was reported stolen
- Sometime between 4 p.m. on March 2 and 8 a.m. on March 3, the complainant, who lives on Clarendon Avenue in Bellmore, discovered a GPS missing from her unlocked vehicle that was parked in the driveway.
- A Bellmore man who works on a police gang unit in Brooklyn was arrested for allegedly punching his 3-year-old son in the face on March 2. For more on this story, click here.
- On Feb. 26 a woman's wallet was removed from her shopping cart in Walgreens. The wallet was recovered and $39 was taken.
- On March 2, the window of car parked in the New York Sports Club parking lot on Merrick Avenue was broken. Items were also removed.
- A Baldwin man was arrested after he allegedly removed numerous patient medical records from Nassau University Medical Center on March 8, Nassau County Police said. For more on this story, click here.
- On Feb. 27, between 7-8:15 p.m., a car that was parked at Xtreme Gym, which is located at the corner of South Hewlett Avenue and Merrick Road in Merrick, had its window broken. A pocketbook, credit cards and an unknown amount of cash was taken.
- Also on Feb. 27, between 7:30-8:15 p.m., another vehicle also had its window broken in the same parking lot. A pocketbook, credit cards and an unknown amount of money was taken as well.
- Sometime between 3:30 p.m. on Feb. 27 and 7:17 a.m. on Feb. 28, an unknown suspect shattered the front passenger window of a car on Byron Road in Merrick. The car had been locked. An iPad was stolen from the vehicle.
- Sometime between 4-8 a.m. on Feb. 28, someone shattered the passenger’s side window of the victim’s car, which was parked on Whaleneck Drive in Merrick. A laptop was stolen, along with accessories.
- New York State Police are investigating a fatal crash that took place on the Meadowbrook Parkway on March 4 along the Merrick-Freeport border around exit M7. Charges have been filed in connection to the incident. Click here for the details.