The following information is taken directly from the Nassau County Police Department's incident reports. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime.
- Sometime between 10 p.m. on March 6 and 7 a.m. on March 8, a business sign was damaged at Rite Stop, which is liked at 1445 Newbridge Road in Bellmore.
- The owner of Green Earth Builders in Bellmore was arrested on March 16 and charged with menacing after he had a confrontation with one of his former customers. For more on story, click here.
- An unknown suspect smashed in the door window on the side of Woodland Middle School on March 9.
- On March 10, a suspect removed $157 worth of items from Home Depot on Hempstead Turnpike.
- A Roosevelt woman was arrested on March 11 after she allegedly tried to open a bank account in Merrick with fake money and a phony license, police said. Click here for more in that story.
- A man allegedly stole a bottle of vodka from Merrick Wines & Spirits on the morning of March 14. According to Joseph Pascual, the store's owner, after the man entered the store around 11:08 a.m. via the back door, he went straight to the vodka section. For more details on story, click here.
- Four tires and rims were stolen off a car that was parked on Gildersleeve Street in Merrick in the early morning hours of March 11. For more details on this incident, click here.
- The Merrick American Legion Post #1282 is seeking the community's help in identifying the person(s) responsible for damaging their property at 160 West Merrick Rd. sometime between late on March 7 evening and early March 8. Click here for the details.
- Sometime between 11 p.m. on March 4 and 7 a.m. on March 5, items were stolen from an unlocked vehicle that was parked on Howes Street in North Merrick.
- On March 5, between 2 a.m. and 6:51 p.m., an unknown suspect stole papers from the complainant’s unlocked vehicle, which was parked on Lansdowne Avenue in Merrick.
- Sometime between 5:30 p.m. on March 7 and 7 a.m. on March 8, credit cards and personal papers were stolen from an unlocked vehicle that was parked on Lansdowne Place in Merrick.
- Sometime between 11 p.m. on March 7 and 8 a.m. on March 8, an unknown suspect removed electronics and cash from a complainant’s vehicle on Birch Drive. No damage to the vehicle was reported, police said.
- Sometime between 11 p.m. on March 7 and 9:30 a.m. on March 8, an unknown suspect removed jewelry from a complainant’s unlocked vehicle, which was also parked on Birch Drive.