The following information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
- On May 9 at 7:20 p.m., a shoplifter removed more than $1,000 in merchandise from the Rite Aid located at 2815 Jerusalem Avenue in North Bellmore.
- At approximately 7 p.m. on May 11, assorted jewelry, clothing and coin valued at $36,825 was stolen from a home on Legion Street in Bellmore.
- Between 12:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. on May 17, a vehicle was damaged while parked on Waltoffer Avenue in North Bellmore.
- On May 18 at 3:30 p.m., a female patient left her pocketbook on a chair in the waiting room of a doctor's office on Merrick Road and when she returned, the pocketbook was missing.
- On May 21, Rose Marie Montes, 34 of Long Beach, was arrested at Newbridge Road Park, Bellmore, and charged with Grand Larceny 4th.
- A resident’s Huffy bicycle was stolen from Clarendon Avenue in Bellmore on May 22.
- On May 14, a truck was removed from Hempstead Turnpike. The keys were in the vehicle at the time it was removed.
- On May 17, $198 worth of merchandise was stolen from Marshalls on Front Street. Michael Curran, of Levittown, was arrested for shoplifting in connection with the crime.
- Leroy Bethea, of Hempstead, was arrested for shoplifting on May 18. According to police, he attempted to take about $584 in stolen goods.
- A vehicle was damaged on Robyn Place in East Meadow sometime between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. on May 19.
- On May 22, a vehicle located on Merrick Avenue in East Meadow was damaged and items were taken. Police estimate this happening between 9:30 p.m. and 9:50 p.m.
- Sometime between May 13 and May 20, a complainant reported that someone was possibly living in a vacant home on Babylon Turnpike in Merrick that is the complainant’s property. While doing work on the home, a construction foreman saw a male walking from the rear of the house. The foreman asked if he was meeting someone and suspect answered yes and continued walking. Bedding and personal belongings were found in the vacant property and a basement window was broken.
- On May 16, a handicap permit was reported missing off of a vehicle that was parked on East Dive in North Merrick.
- Between May 15 and May 16, it was noticed that there was damage to a fence on Spencer Avenue in North Merrick.
- On May 17, a window was damaged on a vehicle that was parked on Bedford Avenue.
- Sometime between May 17 and May 21, a 2007 green Dodge Caravan was stolen from Merrick Pre-Owned car dealership.
- On May 18, a shopper at Waldbaums in Merrick had their pocketbook stolen.
- Property was stolen from a car that was parked at the Merrick LIRR station on May 20. The window was damaged and the car battery was disabled in order to stop the alarm from going off.
- On May 21, David Cohen, 22 of Merrick, was arrested on Beach Drive near Florence Court, Merrick and charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated driving while intoxicated and one violation of the vehicle and traffic law.
- On May 18, Kevin Leimeister, age 20, of Seaford, was arrested on Walsall Street, Seaford and charged with assault in the third degree.
- On May 18, a complainant saw an unknown white male in his backyard on Peconic Avenue in Seaford. When complainant asked him what he was doing, subject fled.
- According to detectives, on May 20, a male subject entered TD Bank located at 3222 Sunrise Highway in Wantagh and made a verbal demand to the teller. After obtaining an undetermined amount of cash, the subject fled on foot westbound on Sunrise Highway and then south on Jones Ave. Thirteen employees and six customers were present in the bank at the time of the robbery. No injuries were reported. The subject is described as a male black, dark complexion, 30 to 40 years of age, 5’10” tall, wearing a baby blue baseball hat, tinted glasses, white shirt, dark waist length jacket, and jeans.
- A dog statue was reported missing from a front porch of a home on Seaford Court in Wantagh. The statue was noticed missing on May 22.
- Alan Jacoby, age 31, of Wantagh was arrested on Atlantic Avenue near Nelson Road, Wantagh on May 23. He was charged with driving while intoxicated and leaving the scene of an accident.