The following is a message Wantagh Acting Suprintendent Maureen Goldberg sent to district parents Friday updating when schools may reopen.
- This is Maureen Goldberg with an update on our schools. Our administrative team met today to consider all variables in determining if we will be able to open schools on Monday. Safe transportation for students and staff and the restoration of power to our schools remain our utmost concern.
The team will be meeting again on Sunday afternoon as it is our hope that the additional information needed to make a decision will be available by then. You can expect a communication from me later on Sunday as this decision is made.
As always be safe and I will be in touch.
Wantagh School District Acting Superintendent