There will be a wide assortment of free concerts in Wantagh and Seaford this summer to satisfy almost any kind of musical taste.
The will be hosting four free concerts this summer in partnership with the Seaford Wellness Council, Friends of the Library, and . The scheduled shows include:
- Sat. July 7 at 7:30 p.m. – Seaford Public Library parking lot: “The Tribunes”, a five-man a capella Doo Woop Group featuring music of the 50’s and 60’s.
- Sat. July 21 at 7:30 p.m. – Seaford Public Library parking lot: “Just Sixties”, a band that plays all classic music from the 60’s including the Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel and Sonny & Cher among many others.
- Sat. Aug. 4 at 7:30 p.m. – Seaford Public Library parking lot: “Risky Business”, a popular Long Island band that cover rock songs from the 50’s to today.
- Sat. Aug. 18 at 7:30 p.m.- parking lot: “Mersey Beat”, a Beatles tribute band playing an assortment of hit songs from the Fab Four.
On July 22, the Friends of the and the will host a free concert by The Harmonizers, a barbershop chorus, at 2 p.m. on the grounds of the .
Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano has announced three free concerts slated for July in. This schedule includes:
- Thurs. July 12 at 7:30 p.m.: SixGun, the tri-state area’s premier country/rock band, best described as “county with a kick.”
- Thurs. July 19 at 7:30 p.m.: Banooba, a hybrid band featuring funk, jazz, reggae and rock.
- Thurs. July 26 at 7:30 p.m.: Jazz by Marken, which will feature swing, pop, Latin, classical, jazz, rock and ethnic music.
The 2012 Town of Hempstead Summer Concert Series will make three stops in the Wantagh-Seaford area. These shows include:
- Wed., July 18 at 8 p.m. -- , Seaford: “Don't You Worry ‘Bout A Thing” when Higher Ground performs a Stevie Wonder Tribute.
- Tues., July 31 at 8 p.m. -- , Wantagh: “Uptown Girl” and “The Stranger” are a couple of Songs in the Attic during a Billy Joel Tribute.
- Wed., Aug. 8 at 8 p.m. -- Seamans Neck Park, Seaford: “With or Without You” 2U plays a U2 Tribute.
The annual free concert series at the Boardwalk Bandshell in Wantagh kicks off on June 29 with “Snakebite”, a tribute to the 1980s hard rock band “Whitesnake at 7:30 p.m. Other free concerts scheduled for the Jones Beach Boardwalk Bandshell this summer include:
- Fri. July 6 at 7:30 p.m.- “Mad Co.” plays tribute to Bad Company.
- Fri. July 13 at 7:30 p.m. – “Who’s Next” plays tribute to The Who.
- Fri. July 20 at 7:30 p.m. – “2112” plays tribute to .Rush.
- Fri. July 27 at 7:30 p.m.- “Live Wire” play tribute to AC/DC.
- Fri. Aug. 3 at 7:30 p.m.- “Reckoning” plays tribute to The Grateful Dead.
- Fri. Aug. 10 at 7:30 p.m.- “Bottoms Up” plays tribute to Van Halen.
- Fri. Aug. 17- “Theater of Pain” plays tribute to Motley Crue.
- Fri. Aug. 24- “The Glimmer Twins” plays tribute to Aerosmith.
- Fri. Aug. 31- “Songs in the Attic” plays tribute to Billy Joel.
Any other free upcoming concerts in Wantagh or Seaford we should know about? Tell us in the comments.