Here's a look at what's on tap during the upcoming week around the local area.
West Nile, Mosquito Control Forum
- Leg. Denenberg and Nassau County Health Department Commissioner Lawrence Eisenstein, M.D. present a forum to discuss and respond to questions regarding mosquito control, West Nile Virus and health and safety measures for you and your family.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please call Legislator Denenberg’s office at 516-571-6219, 516-409-8524 or email email@example.com.
- Temple B'nai Torah of Wantagh will hold a prospective member open house on Aug. 20 from 7-9 p.m.
- Prospective members will have a chance to tour the temple, meet members, learn about religious education and much more.
- Please call 516-221-2370 for additional information.
- Wantagh native and up-and-coming musician Trish Torrales will be playing a free show with her band at the Jones Beach Bandshell August 20.
- After coming in second place in the 2011 MSG Varsity Talent Show and Winning the "Best Rising Star" Award at the 2012 Got Talent? Long Island Show, Trish has played in various venues across Long Island and in NYC.
- Trish is known for her bluesy, Southern-inspired classic rock covers as well as her performances of her own songs.
- The Wantagh Memorial Congregational Church is holding a FUNdraising night at Friendly's in the Willowood Shopping Center on the corner of Wantagh and Jerusalem Avenues, between 5-8 p.m. on Wed., Aug. 21.
- You must bring one of our fliers with you and give it to your server in order for us to get credit.
- To get a flyer, go to the church's webside,www.wmcc1845.com, click on "Click here to come in".
- The New York Call, an annual outdoor crusade promoting unity among Christians in the New York tri-state area, will celebrate its 10th year on Saturday, August 24, with a day of fun and fellowship at the Nikon at Jones Beach Theater at Jones Beach State Park, located on Long Island’s South Shore.
- The free event will be held from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and is open to the public.